Las Vegas is a good option when Disneyland gets old and you want to try something you and the kids can enjoy together. The first thing you will need to keep in mind is that you will not be able to do and see some of the adult venues, but you can still have fun.
When choosing some of the tourist venues, be sure to keep the age and tolerance level of your child in mind so that it can be a fun experience for both you and your child. These suggestions will come in handy to help you make Vegas a fun and memorable family vacation!
Where to stay
It’s always best to choose a hotel on the strip. If you book a room off the strip you will have to pay for taxi service to get you back to the room in case the kids (or you) need to rest. This is important to remember especially during the hot summer months in Vegas!
There are many affordable choices on the strip. Book early and you will get the best room at the lowest price, especially if you book a room for a midweek stay. Some popular choices for families are CircusCircus Hotel and Treasure Island Hotel. They are affordable and provide free or cheap entertainment for the kids.
Where to eat
It’s best to pick your kid’s usual favorites. Children can become easily agitated and overwhelmed if you try to introduce too many new things at one time. Denny’s on the strip is a good choice as there are many choices for different diet preferences on the menu. And don’t forget the buffets. These are better than fast food and cheaper than one of the fancy restaurants on the strip. Save fancy dinners for a special night for adults only–that is if you are lucky enough to have a babysitter along!
Where to play
There are many places for kids and grownups to play together. Some of my personal favorites include:
- Popovich Comedy Pet Theater: Gregory Popovich has rescued these animals from shelters all over the country and has transformed them into Las Vegas stars. A great hit with the kids and parents alike, come see why his Comedy Pet Theater is enjoyable for any and all ages as these animals perform amazing stunts with the perfect combination of humor. http://www.davidsaxe.com/Las_Vegas_Shows.cfm
- The High Roller. Measuring 520 feet in diameter, the High Roller eclipses both the London Eye and Singapore Flyer.. The ride takes about 30 minutes for a full rotation, so definitely a better option for those with older kids. http://www.caesars.com/linq/high-roller
- Circus Circus Adventure Dome: Get a day pass and enjoy all the rides for kids of all ages at a reduced price. www.adventuredome.com
- Madametussauds Wax Museum. The world famous Madametussauds Wax museum give you and your kids the opportunity to get up close and personal with wax replicas of famous celebrities. You never know who might pop up while visiting this venue! http://www.madametussauds.com/las-vegas/en
- Circus Circus Hotel: Free circus acts and fun game room for kids of all ages. http://www.circuscircus.com
- Caesar’s Palace: Fall of Atlantis is a free light and animatronic show. Shows every half hour. http://www.caesars.com/caesars-palace/things-to-do/forum-shops
- Cirque du Soleil: There are several shows to pick from that are geared towards entertaining the kids. http://www.cirquedusoleil.com
- Paris Hotel: Take a ride up the Eiffel Tower replica to get an awesome view of the Las Vegas Strip. http://www.caesars.com/paris-las-vegas/things-to-do/eiffel-tower
These suggestions will come in handy to help you make Vegas a fun and memorable family vacation. And always shop around for discount tickets online before attending any of these attractions. Enjoy your visit to Las Vegas!